There are two types of cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, and they are found in the body in locations such as the brain, intestines, and the immune system.
Researchers have already found that when a cannabinoid receptor is stimulated by an endocannabinoid, various physiological functions in multiple systems of the body are activated including memory, pain sensation, mood, and most pertinent to this article, appetite. Expanding on these findings, they are interested in the potential for THCV to aid in fighting obesity. It’s believed that it blocks the rewarding sensations we experience when eating, often unhealthy, comfort foods. This is the great difference with THC that instead of stimulating appetite, the famed ‘munchies,’ THCV actually suppresses appetite. For that reason, it is being heavily researched as a weight loss tool and in addition it actually helps to do your workout routine.
TheLeafOnline.com mentions 6 reasons :
- Raises your metabolism. It can help speed up your metabolism so you can actually get a fat-burning boost before hitting the elliptical. THCV is good for controlling insulin levels which it is a key to energy and weight-loss. It is likely one of the reasons why cannabis users are slimmer on average.
- Reduces anxiety and gets you revved up to workout. Losing weight is hard to do if we’re stressed. So, while you might think that cannabis would chill you out and force you to complacently melt into the couch, forgetting the gym completely, it actually can help you get ready for your routine. So cannabis reduces anxiety and pumps you up!
- Can make you better at sports. Since you’re relaxed after consuming cannabis, you’re automatically more aware of the tasks at hand, which of course is crucial to sports aptitude.
- Helps your muscles recover. It means the end of the muscle pain after workouts.
- Does the same thing as exercise. In short, the endocannabinoid system is responsible for easing our pain, controlling our appetite, relieving our stress, influencing our mood, and even regulating our memory.
- Keeps you in the zone. It can also help you stay ultra-focused during your routine.
Therefore, Exercise and Cannabis is the best combination recipe for happiness, wellness, and delight!