- 8 ounces coconut oil (or MCT oil)
- 1/4 ounce cannabis flower (any indica strain approximately 10-15% THC)
- 1 tbsp sunflower lecithin (optional for potency, preferred non-GMO)
- 2 mason jars (each 4 ounces or 1 single large jar)
- Unbleached cheesecloth
- Strainer or large funnel
- Slow cooker
- Boiling water (enough to cover the Mason jars in the slow cooker)
- Same as our CannaOil recipe, first you have to follow the decarboxylation recipe listed below.
- Preheat oven to 240˚F.
- Grind cannabis using a hand grinder.
- Spread ground flower evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for one hour on the middle rack, stirring after 30 minutes.
- Divide the decarboxylated cannabis evenly into your mason jars. Add half of the cannabis oil to each jar and seal as tightly as possible with the lid.
- Place mason jars in your slow cooker and cover with boiling water so that the jars are fully submerged. Set slow cooker to low or warm and let cook for 4–5 hours. Using a jar clamp or heavy oven mitts, pull the jars out every 60 minutes and give them a good shake.
Strain and Store:
- After 4–5 hours, remove jars and place them on a cloth to cool.
- Line the large funnel with four layers of cheesecloth and place over a large glass measuring cup or bowl. Slowly pour the cooled liquid through the cheesecloth, squeezing out the plant matter to get as much oil as possible. Your strained oil will be slightly green.
- Using a smaller funnel, pour the oil into the tincture bottle or spray container. Start with 1 ml or 2-4 puffs.
- NOT FOR USE WITH LATEX. Any condoms, diaphragms or toys must be oil-safe materials like silicone.
- ALLERGENS: avoid use if you (or your partner) are allergic to any ingredients. Contains coconut oil, which is considered a "tree nut."
- Keep out of reach of children.
what does “2-4 puffs ” mean. I will be using as a lube .
Hi Jean, the puffs amount is for a spray container. If you use a bottle then 1 ml should be the recommended amount. We always recommend to start low and go slow!