- Finely ground shake decarboxylated cannabis
- Sliced bacon
- Empty small salt shaker with little holes in it
- Oven tray
- Accoutrements (fancy French word for the things you wrap bacon in: Cantaloupe or Asparagus)
- Wooden sticks
- First, follow our previous recipe on how to make cannabis decarboxylated and use a grinder to ground into a fine powder.
- Preheat oven to 275 °F.
- Place the bacon strips across on an ungreased oven tray.
- Take the finely ground cannabis, put it into the empty salt shaker, and lightly dust each piece of bacon.
- Bake the bacon for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip the strips, and sprinkle cannabis over the other side.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- After the other side has cooked, take the tray out of the oven, and remove each piece of bacon onto a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Finally, take your cooked bacon and wrap it around whatever you wish (for example asparagus and cantaloupe), or simply eat it plain. If you want to serve these at a party, take a little wooden stick and put it through the concoction to secure it.
You don’t want to cook the bacon too crispy. If you plan to wrap the bacon around accoutrements, it will crackle and break. That being said, the longer you cook the bacon, the more potent it becomes. It’s all about finding a happy medium. All leftover fat on the cookie sheet is medicinally active, so you may want to save it. One quick option is to soak up the grease with bread and voila: cannabis bacon bread. You could also use it as an oil substitute for egg scrambles, stir fry, etc. If you’re feeling adventurous, consider making bacon cups. Instead of laying the bacon flat on a cookie sheet, cover the back of a muffin tin with tin foil and wrap bacon around each of the cups. Depending on the size of the cups, you may want to slice the bacon strips in half. Sprinkle each bacon mold with ground cannabis like you would strips. Bake for 20 minutes at 275 °F (no need to flip and season halfway through). Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Leave A Comment